2012 General ElectionThe map below reflects the new boundaries in Kansas legislative districts as a result of the 2012 redistricting process.
- Open the map by clicking on the screen shot or 2012 Kansas General Election Map link shown below.
- Click on a district to view general election candidates and launch a dashboard containing demographic information about each district.
- Zoom in and out of the map using mouse wheel, use the zoom by rectangle tool , or hover over
navigation star in lower left corner of the map to launch a slider to zoom in and out easily.
- Enter a street address, city, state in the Find Places box to locate a specific address. Once located, click on the map to view candidates and populate the dashboard with demographic data.
|2012 Kansas General Election Map|
Source: Boundaries and demographic information from Kansas Data Access & Support Center (http://www.kansasgis.org/); Candidate information from the Kansas Secretary of State Office (http://www.kssos.org/).
DashboardThe dashboard displays a pie chart showing racial composition and a gauge chart showing the percent of the population of Hispanic ethnicity for each legislative district. You may need to scroll down to view the graphs for all areas. Hover the mouse over the pie chart legend to view the race classifications or each pie wedge to view race, number of people, and percent of population.
More Map Options
Turn layers on and offThis map consists of a set of layers representing the political districts in Kansas. These layers are overlaid to form a map of all districts. The dashboard data is contained in the 2012 General Election Data layer. Turning this layer off will deactivate the dashboard and the popup window showing all candidates.
To turn layers on and off:
- Click the map layers icon .
- Click the checkbox next to each layer to turn on or off.